C-Pen Reader | Portable Text-To-speech Scanner | Scan. Listen. Understand.
SALE PRICE: £240.00
About this item
- This fits your .
- by entering your model number.
- Hear individual words and lines of text read aloud. Completely self-contained, NO computer or Wi-Fi required to use reading function
- Multiple built-in dictionaries to search definitions including the Oxford Primary Dictionary
- Scans in multiple English accents and languages, including French and Spanish, Record audio to review later, helping people with a limited working memory
- Optionally scan and transfer text to PC or Mac, directly via USB or from the 8GB storage, with no additional software required
- Package includes ReaderPen, carry case, USB cable, instruction manual, and earphones
|Dimensions:||30.4 x 24 x 5.41 cm; 168 Grams|
The C-Pen Reader pen scanner is a major technological breakthrough for anyone learning English, Spanish or French and is a life-saver for those who suffer from reading difficulties such as dyslexia. The C-Pen Reader is a totally portable, pocket-sized device that reads text aloud with an English, Spanish or French human-like digital voice. The internal dictionary puts the power of the Collins English Dictionary (30th Anniversary Edition Tenth edition) or Oxford French and Spanish Dictionaries in your hands. Simply pass the nib across a word and it instantly displays the definition and reads it aloud. It is also a scanner for capturing lines of text and uploading to a PC or Mac, making it ideal for students, teachers and professionals to capture essential information.
Reader Pen Features at a Glance:
- The pen is half the size of other portable pen scanners on the market and at 50g is half the weight.
- Importantly this means it can be used by a younger generation of learners making this learning tool suitable for for children (age 6+) and adults.
- This is the only portable line scanner on the market that is truly portable and requires no computer; however, when wanting to use it with a computer is compatible with PC, Mac, Linux & Chromebooks.
- There is no software required, just connect the pen up to a computer with a USB cable and it appears as an external hard drive.
- Other features include a built-in voice recorder with playback.
In-depth Feature Descriptions
Scan Printed Text & Hear It Aloud
OCR Engine C-Pen Reader contains a high accuracy OCR that enables you to capture and save quotes and other text of interest instantly. The text is saved in text files which is then easily transferred to your computer. Extremely handy if you are a student or a researcher or if you just want to save some text of interest. Simply use the pen to scan a word, a paragraph, or why not full pages. Text to speech Use C-Pen Reader to read printed text for you! C-Pen Reader features a high quality naturally speaking American or British English, Spanish and French voices. Use it to listen to pronunciations or to help you read in general. Why not really benefit from the OCR and capture larger amount of text which C-Pen Reader reads for you while you follow the text in the text book visually? More senses = better learning. It´s easier than you think!
Scan Files To Your Computer
Dictionary Not sure about a word? C-Pen Reader contains high quality electronic dictionaries. Capture the word(s) and they are located in the dictionary for you. It´s an instant experience. C-Pen Reader also remembers the words that you have looked up and keep the history available for you.
Record A Reminder
Voice memos Aside from everything else C-Pen Reader can do it also features a microphone (and of course speaker and headphones connector) allowing you to record audio. Like voice memos. The audio files are saved in the device so they can be retrieved and listened to any time. You can also upload the audio files to your computer. It´s convenient!
Benefits of the ReaderPen:
- Improves Reading Comprehension
- Makes Curriculum Available To All
- Allows Students To Reach Their Full Potential
- No More Time Stretched Teachers
- Supports ESL/ELL Students
As well as promoting Independent Reading this pen features:
- hear words & lines of text read aloud
- a Collins English Dictionary
- Oxford French and Spanish Dictionaries
- scan, store & transfer to a PC or Mac ( enough of storage & downloads to a computer like using a USB key – no software required)
- scan direct to the cursor on a computer
- a voice recorder
- free future upgrades
- available in a class set of ten pens