FireAngel Pro Connected Smoke Alarm, Wireless Interlink, Battery Powered with 10 Year Life
SALE PRICE: £49.99
- Thermoptek technology rapidly detects all types of fire and alerts with a loud, clear alarm
- Can be used independently as a single unit or linked with up to 50 FireAngel Pro Connected Smoke Alarms, Heat Alarms, Carbon Monoxide Detectors and Accessories including Connect Gateway and FireAngel Connect App
- Wireless operation using a Panasonic battery with 10 year life-span
- Multiple connected products will alarm simultaneously; alerts to fires in secluded areas will be heard across all products instantly
- For use in hallways, landings, bedrooms, living room and dining room
- Connection to the FireAngel Gateway (sold separately) and the free FireAngel App will allow you to view all connected products away from the home, and receive notifications for any alerts (the gateway & app are not required for the product to work and if your internet connection reduces the alarms will still sound within the home)
- Comes with a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty, giving peace of mind
Product descriptionStyle Name:Battery Smoke Alarm
The FireAngel Pro Connected range has been designed in-house at FireAngel Midlands based development centre and has been rigorously tested to ensure unrivalled quality and longevity. Each product is packed full of enhanced technology, with a sleek and polished design to fit seamlessly into your home.
What alarm network do I need to protect my family and home?
FireAngel have multiple product and installation options to suit all requirements. First, decide whether you require mains powered or battery powered units (or a combination of both), then consider the below:
- Standalone: Choose a single FireAngel Pro Connected alarm for independent zone protection.
- Interlinked: Wirelessly link multiple FireAngel Pro Connected alarms for high protection and an instant alert to danger across the whole home. The alarms communicate via a unique radio frequency and can be interlinked via a simple 2-step process; they are completely secure and do not require your home’s internet connection to operate. (mains alarms can also be interlinked using a hardwired process as detailed in the product manual)
- Interlinked alarms with Gateway and App: Adding a FireAngel Gateway and the free FireAngel App (iOS or Android compatible) into the alarm network allows you to test your alarms from your mobile, tablet or laptop. You can receive instant notifications of danger and review any operational issues with your alarm units. The Gateway is the bridge between your alarms and the App and relies on your home’s internet connection to operate; but should your internet connection fail your alarms will still communicate within the home, offering the same complete protection but without push notifications to your device.
How many alarms do I need to protect my family and home?
In order to identify how many alarms to install you need to research the guidelines for fire detection that apply in your local area, using regulations such as Building Regulations or the guidance in BS5839-6, and consider your property type; whether that be private owned, rented, new build, renovated etc. The advice below is purely provided for ‘best practice’ and should not be used independently.
Smoke Alarms: To offer high protection FireAngel advise a smoke alarm within the circulation area of each floor of the property, as well as within the main habitable areas such as bedrooms and living room. It’s important to remember that the sensors in all smoke alarms deteriorate after time, at FireAngel we recommend that smoke alarms are replaced every 10 years.
Heat Alarms (Kitchen Alarms): Heat alarms are the only alarm suitable for use within the kitchen as they’re not affected by cooking fumes like traditional smoke alarms. Over 60 Percent of fires start in the kitchen, with cooking and faulty white goods (fridges and tumble driers) being the main causes. FireAngel recommend a heat alarm is fitted in the kitchen, but you can also fit additional heat alarms in the garage and loft to protect these areas.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) alarms: A Carbon Monoxide detector is the only way to be alerted to a carbon monoxide leak; it can’t be smelt, tasted or seen so it’s impossible for human senses to detect. Known as the ‘Silent Killer’, carbon monoxide (CO) occurs when fuels burn incompletely, with common sources being boilers, gas fires and hobs and solid fuel burners. However, carbon monoxide can also pass through walls, so you would also be at risk if a neighbouring property had a leak. FireAngel recommend a CO alarm is installed between 1 m and 3 m away from each fuel-burning appliance, as well as installing additional units in areas such as living rooms and bedrooms where you spend most time whilst at home.
All FireAngel alarms are independently tested to EN14604:2005+AC2008 (Smoke Alarms), EN50291-1:2010+A1:2012 and EN50291-2:2010 (CO Alarms) and BS5446-2:2003 (Heat Alarms). Independent third party certification comes from companies including British Standards Institution (BSI Kitemark) and LPCB.
First Available: 19 Aug. 2019
|Dimensions:||13.2 x 13.2 x 3.9 cm|
|Material:||ABS, UL94 VO Fire Retardant|
|Batteries Required:||Item model number|